I love bananas so I thought that since I’m on a path to lose 57 pounds by June 2015, I should create meals which will be filling and within the calorie servings that my personal trainer prescribes. I started by making a healthy banana smoothie – 180 calories.
These are the ingredients that you will need:
- Two bananas
- 10 cubes of ice
- 1 low fat yogurt (preferably strawberry or vanilla) – should not exceed 90 calories!
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- A cup of low fat milk, preferable almond milk
This is how I made my Banana Loving Smoothie:
- Peel and sliced the bananas into bite sizes.
- Add the yogurt, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of sugar, a cup of low fat milk and 10 cubes of ice to the sliced bananas.
- Blend the ingredients, in a blender, for one minute
That’s it! Try it and let me know how it works out for you!
The banana loving smoothie is really thick and can be used as a substitute for a snack or even breakfast, it’s that filling!
I’ll be posting a recipe to a healthy meal once a week so stay tuned! 🙂